Wednesday, June 15, 2011

And so it begins...

So let me tell you a little about myself.
I'm 25 years old, and have had trouble growing a beard all my life.  My ability to grow a beard has never really had too much of an impact on me, and I've lived with it fine, but now and again I do wish I had the ability to grow one.  Recently, I had those feelings again, and decided to investigate if there was anything I could do about it.  I came across several blogs that claimed this and that to work, but a general consensus seemed to revolve around the use of Minoxidil.  Now I'll just go ahead and say that I have no affiliation with Minoxidil, it's parent company or any associated companies - I am merely a consumer wishing to grow a beard.  One thing that troubled me while investigating people's experiences, though, was that there was no documentation of their results (I come from a science background and am very analytical, so documentation, pre-lab and post-lab, as well as thorough note taking has been engraved within my brain).  This troubled me, so I set out to not only try Minoxidil, but to post my findings and let you all see my progress, if you wish.  So here it goes.

Background:
I am an active, athletic individual that works out at least 4 days a week for 2+ hours at a time.  I have somewhere around a 3300 daily caloric intake.  A majority of my diet is healthy, consisting of lean protein, milk, eggs, water, vegetables, fruit, etc.  None of this may be relevant, but I thought I'd share, nonetheless.
My father has been able to grow a beard and wore a mustache/goatee for several years.  The coverage seemed plentiful to look normal.  Both my grandfathers were clean shaven, though I believe my mother's father has had the ability to grow a full beard; my father's father I can make no conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment